In this post I inform you that I have updated "ROT13Converter" to version 2.1.

In questo post vi informo che ho aggiornato "ROT13Converter" alla versione 2.1.

ROT13Converter 2.1 update released

I never liked Android development, in respect to the "traditional" program development on computers. Despite owning a developer account on Google Play, the idea, that smartphones nowadays are omnipresent, gives me the creeps, as if it's them who command, not us. It is also true, that I don't like it, for a more trivial reason, that is, yours truly's ignorance on the subject.

As you know from the about page of this blog, I don't have time to check bugs on my programs, even because they're not used, so it doesn't really matter, don't you think?

The most popular (please take this term with a grain of salt) program here, is ROT13Converter, that, ironically, is the most stupid and simple program I ever made.
It is the most downloaded one, among my programs...
I can only say "Wow", considering that, I developed programs to which I devoted much more time.

Last summer, I noticed some reports on this program.
I decided to simply forget them, because they were only two (and they stayed that). I thought it could be a device problem (you know how it is, Android devices are several and totally different one from the other).

In November, I decide to take a deeper look, I still wonder why I didn't do that before. There WAS a problem, and I solved it, in less than three minutes, not only that, I also noticed two other things I decided to improve, and today, after some months, I release publicly the version 2.1 of ROT13Converter, even though, I said clearly, that I wanted to deal with other things.

Version 2.1 (November 25th 2015):
-Solved reported problem "android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: String resource ID #0x7f07001a"
    Basically, people that had a different language from: english, spanish, italian, french
    could not use the NumericBase encoding.
    Thanks for reporting and sorry for the long waiting.

-Solved problem with links, when one does not have any application to send or visit websites.

-Removed Android maximum version limit of the app.

As usual, you can find this program either on Google Play or on the Sourceforge project, with the source code, because of the GPLv3 license.

That's all for this month.
Greetings from Antonio Daniele.
See you next month.

Go back to the top, Share, Look at the comments or Comment yourself!

Rilasciato aggiornamento 2.1 di ROT13Converter 2.1

Lo sviluppo su Android non mi è mai piaciuto più di tanto, rispetto allo sviluppo "tradizionale" di programmi su calcolatore. Nonostante io abbia un account sviluppatore di Google Play, l'idea, che i cellulari oggi giorno siano onnipresenti, mi mette un po' i brividi, come se fossero loro a comandare, non noi. È anche vero però, che non mi piace, molto più banalmente, per ignoranza in materia da parte del sottoscritto.

Come saprete dalla pagina informativa di questo blog, non ho molto tempo per rivedere gli errori dei miei programmi, anche perché, non essendo utilizzati, non ne vale molto la pena no?
Il programma che va per la maggiore (prendete quest'espressione con le pinze) è ROT13Converter, che, ironicamente, è il programma più stupido e semplice che abbia mai programmato.
È il più scaricato tra i miei programmi...
Posso solo dire "Wow", considerando che, ho sviluppato programmi a cui ho dedicato un tempo di gran lunga maggiore.

L'estate scorsa, ho notato alcune segnalazioni su questo programma.
Decisi di lasciarle perdere poiché erano a malapena due (e sono rimaste tali) ed ho pensato che potesse essere un problema di dispositivo (sapete com'è, gli Android sono molto diversi tra loro).

A novembre, decido di dare un'occhiata più approfondita, ancora mi chiedo perché non lo avessi fatto prima. Il problema c'era e l'ho risolto in meno di tre minuti, ed oltre ad esso, ho notato altre due cosine che ho deciso di migliorare, ed oggi, a distanza di mesi, rilascio pubblicamente la versione 2.1 di ROT13Converter, nonostante avessi detto a chiare lettere, di volermi dedicare ad altro.

Version 2.1 (November 25th 2015):
-Solved reported problem "android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: String resource ID #0x7f07001a"
    Basically, people that had a different language from: english, spanish, italian, french
    could not use the NumericBase encoding.
    Thanks for reporting and sorry for the long waiting.

-Solved problem with links, when one does not have any application to send or visit websites.

-Removed Android maximum version limit of the app.

Come al solito, questo programma lo trovate sia su Google Play che sul progetto Sourceforge, con annesso il sorgente, poiché rilasciato sotto licenza GPLv3.

Questo è quanto per questo mese.
Saluti da Antonio Daniele.
Ci si vede il mese prossimo.

Torna in cima, Condividi, Guarda i commenti o Commenta tu stesso!